The following guests will attend Prince George’s Christening today at the Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace:
- The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
- The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry
- Mr and Mrs Michael Middleton, Mr James Middleton and Miss Pippa Middleton
Prince George’s Godparents and their spouses
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked the following people to be Godparents to Prince George:
- Mr Oliver Baker (Oliver Baker attended the University of St Andrews with The Duke and Duchess)
- Mrs David Jardine-Paterson (Emilia Jardine-Paterson attended Marlborough College with The Duchess)
- Earl Grosvenor (Hugh) (Earl Grosvenor is the son of The Duke of Westminster)
- Mr Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton (Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton served as Private Secretary to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry from 2005-2012 and continues to serve part-time as Principal Private Secretary and Equerry)
- The Hon Mrs Michael Samuel (Julia Samuel was a close friend of The Princess of Wales)
- Mrs Michael Tindall (Zara Tindall is The Duke of Cambridge’s cousin)
- Mr William van Cutsem (William van Cutsem is a childhood friend of The Duke of Cambridge)
Prince George will wear the hand made replica of the Royal Christening Robe, made by Angela Kelly, Dressmaker to The Queen.
The Lily Font and water from the River Jordan will be used during the baptism.
Following the service, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will give a private tea in Clarence House. Guests will be served slices of christening cake, which is a tier taken from The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding cake.